For over 25 years, Helping Link/Một Dấu Nối has been committed to helping many Vietnamese integrate into American society through our ESL, computer, and citizenship programs as well as information and referral services. The challenges of moving to a new continent and learning a new culture are immense, at times overwhelming. Helping Link is here to pay forward the help many of us received so that families remain intergenerational, connected, and united. This source of empowerment and knowledge in a safe environment allowed many of Helping Link’s clients to successfully achieve their goals to improve their English skills, become U.S. citizens, and find opportunities to grow and thrive. We are looking to increase our team to support the increased demands of the community and build our agencies capacity.
The Operations Coordinator position is a full-time position reporting to the Executive Director. This person will play a critical role in managing the day-to-day effectiveness of all operations, including our programs, bookkeeping, and supervision of the volunteer corps. S/he will play a collaborative role in developing and implementing systems that increase the effectiveness and efficiency of our work and supporting our ability to grow and expand our impact.
This is an outstanding opportunity for a motivated and detail-oriented individual who wants to make a substantial impact while gaining a broad set of experiences relevant to nonprofit leadership.
Program Operations (approx. 50% of role)
- Manage volunteer application communications, including responding to inquiries, conducting orientations, scheduling interviews, and placement.
- Plan and serve as on-site coordinator of program events such as orientation, special events; manage space acquisitions for all classes and activities.
- Coordinate logistics and volunteer committee for fundraising events.
- Maintain course syllabi and materials, ensuring students and faculty have necessary access at all times.
- Support students as-needed to ensure access to all program materials and opportunities.
- Manage attendance and program evaluation records, and coordinate use of data analysis for learning and improvement.
Finance and Compliance (approx. 15% of role)
- Coordinate day-to-day finance operations, liaising with our outsourced accounting firm; this includes processing deposits, payables, reimbursements, and invoicing.
- Maintain impeccable files following current agency procedures.
- Support annual report through data gathering.
- Maintain filings to ensure compliance with federal and state requirements.
Administrative and Infrastructure (approx. 35% of role)
- Serve as first point of contact, via managing main phone and email accounts.
- Manage office and relationships with volunteers.
- Schedule and provide support for committee meetings.
- Provide administrative support to Executive Director and Board president.
- Maintain, administer and train others on effective use of platforms and systems, including Salesforce.
- Contribute to the development and integration of new processes as appropriate.
- Across all areas of work, contribute to annual operations calendars and manuals.
- Able to work evenings and some weekends.
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- High levels of professional effectiveness, collaboration, integrity, optimism, and high energy.
- 2-4 years of work experience coordinating a project or program and Bachelor’s degree.
- Fluency in spoken Vietnamese strongly preferred.
- Strong commitment Helping Link’s mission and values.
- Outstanding organization and detail orientation.
- Comfort with cloud technology; experience with Salesforce or related systems preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and a keen attention to detail.
- Experience with event planning, administration and office management, and/or recruiting.
- Relationship development and management skills; orientation to network-building.
- Flexible and adaptive work style with the ability to thrive in a growing, entrepreneurial, mission-driven environment.
- Valid driver’s license and regular access to a vehicle; willingness to travel to sites for program activities.
Location: Seattle Office (1032 S. Jackson Street, Suite C, Seattle 98104)
FLSA Classification: Full Time, Exempt
Position Reports to: Executive Director
Salary Range: DOE, health insurance, paid time off
Application process: Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com; materials may be addressed to Ms. Minh-Duc Nguyen, Executive Director. Please include “Application for Operations Coordinator” in subject line. Resumes received by April 8th will receive priority consideration. We will accept applications until position is filled.
Helping Link is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create an inclusive and equitable workplace. We encourage applications from people of all backgrounds.